The Faculty of Law and Criminology is recruiting a tenure track assistant professor for a full time position starting on 1 September 2021 in the discipline of Methods of Legal Research and Legal Theory.
With this position, the faculty wishes to increase its expertise with a view to providing a sound methodological foundation for legal research in the faculty. This also requires the candidate to possess a solid knowledge of legal theory.
You will be appointed in the department of Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business Law (RE21).
During the 5 year tenure track, you will have the possibility to devote most of your time to academic research activities in the field of Methods of Legal Research and Legal Theory, with a teaching load limited to no more than 8 ECTS credits per semester on average over a period of 3 years.
For the further development of the academic career, please see ‘Appointment information’ below.
You conduct research in the discipline of Methods of Legal Research and Legal Theory
You will gradually be tasked with teaching assignments in the field of Methods of Legal Research and Legal Theory.
You take part in the internal and external service provision of the
department of Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business
You advise colleagues on methodogical aspects of their academic research.
- You have already conducted excellent academic research in the fields of methods of legal research and legal theory, which is clearly reflected in outstanding publications in national and international peer-reviewed books and/or journals;
- You are didactically skilled to teach university students to develop academic competences;
- You are familiar with research methods in other social sciences.
- Recommended are:
o Experience in supervising research and/or coaching Ph.D. students;
o International mobility, among other things thanks to research stays at institutions external to the one where you acquired your highest academic degree;
o Positively evaluated experience in provided or organised academic lecturing;
o Professionalisation of education.
Skills / Attitude
- You are quality-oriented;
- You take initiative;
- You are a proactive person and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- You are able to coach and adequately supervise young researchers.
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate or a diploma or certificate that is recognised as equivalent (article V.20 Codex Higher Education).
Upon evaluation of a foreign (non-EU) diploma, a certificate of equivalence may still have to be requested at NARIC. If this is the case, we advise you to initiate this recognition procedure as soon as possible. You are required to have the recognition no later than on the date of your appointment.
- You have at least two years of postdoctoral experience 1 september 2021. This term of two years is determined by the date written on the above-mentioned required diploma.
We offer you a temporary appointment as an assistant professor in a tenure track system for a term of five years with a focus on research. If positively evaluated by the University Board, the term of office will be transferred into a permanent appointment as an associate professor. At that moment the time devoted to research, education and academic services may be altered. The recruitment is possible no sooner than 1 september 2021.
More information here.