(image source: whyathens)
The time is ripe to revisit sovereignty, a concept so broad and yet instrumental to the current structure of the international legal order. The aim of the conference is to encourage a vigorous and fruitful exchange of ideas that will appeal to academics, researchers, students, and practitioners. The Society invites the submission of papers (and panel proposals from ESIL Interest Groups) addressing the following topics:
- Agora I: Beyond Sovereignty: ABNJ and the Law of the Sea
- Agora II: Exercising Sovereignty: Managing Migratory Flows
- Agora III: Expanding Sovereignty: Extraterritoriality as a Tool
- Agora IV: Apportioning Sovereignty: Delimitation as a Sovereignty Exercise
- Agora V: Questing Sovereignty: The Role of Non-State Actors
- Agora VI: Extending Sovereignty: Space Activities and New Frontiers
- Agora VII: Enforcing Sovereignty: The Rapidly Expanding International Tax Law
- Agora VIII: Defending Sovereignty: Protectionism in International Trade and Investment
- Agora IX: Attacking Sovereignty: Security, Terrorism and the Use of Force
- Agora X: Circumventing Sovereignty: The Challenges of Environmental Regulation
In addition, all ESIL Interest Groups will be invited to arrange pre-conference events on Thursday 12 September and Calls for Papers for those events will be available in 2019.
Abstracts by e-mail to: email@example.com. (Important: indicate clearly the agora for which the abstract is to be considered e.g. Athens 2019: submission for agora VII). The deadline for submissions is 31 January 2019.
(source: ESIL Secretariat)
More information here.