(image: battle of Passendale, historien.nl)
The Erasmus Law Review published a special issue in open access on the First World War, containing the following contributions:
- Willem H. van Boon, "The Great War and its Significance for Law, Legal Thinking and Jurisprudence"
- Ignacio de la Rasilla y del Moral, "The Ambivalent Shadow of the Pre-Wilsonian Rise of International Law"
- Nick Efthymiou, "The First World War and Constitutional Law for the Netherlands Indies"
- Paul Mevis & Jan M. Reijntjes, "Hang the Kaiser ! But for What, and Would It Be Justice ?"
- Janwillem Oosterhuis, "Unexpected Circumstances arising from World War I and its Aftermath: 'Open' versus 'Closed' Legal Systems"